Welcome back to Music Reflection Mondays! I hope everyone had a great day. I’m sorry that this is posting so late but that’s life sometimes we just have to roll with it. This week I’m going to highlight the artistes and some of their songs that started shaping my love for music at a very early age. I had my dad to thank for that he listened to a lot of music back then.
Now when I look back at my childhood there are certain artistes that stand out because they were the people I would see on the television, hear on the radio, or hear on the cassette player in my father’s car. There was just something special and unique about each one that drew me to their music.
To this day, they all have a special place in my heart because they take me back to a time in my life when all I had to be was me – Cherylene. 🙂 I remember singing along to their songs and trying to dance along.
Some of these artistes in alphabetical order include: Abba, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Michael Bolton, Michael Jackson and Tina Turner, just to name a few. Now I’m sure some of you know them. Do we share any favourites?
- Abba: Dancing Queen, Fernando, Chiquitita, Knowing Me, Knowing You, and SOS . They had such a unique sound. I never heard anything like them before.
- Kenny Rogers: The Gambler, Lady, She Believes in Me, You Decorated My Life. I liked his voice and enjoyed his music.
- Lionel Richie: Hello , All Night Long, Dancing on the Ceiling, Say You, Say Me, Endless Love with Diana Ross. He is an amazing singer and song writer. Talk about the best of both worlds.
- Madonna: Like A Prayer, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita and Holiday. What can I say? Superstar! She is very talented.
- Michael Bolton: When I’m Back on My Feet Again, When A man Loves A Woman, How Am I Supposed to Live With You, Said I Loved You But I lied, Missing You Now, Can I Touch You … There?, How Can We Be Lovers, Soul Provider and (Sittin On) The Dock of the Bay. I loved him like forever. I just loved his voice, his music and his long flowing hair. Although very young back then I thought he was so sexy. 🙂 When he cut his hair short it took some getting used to but I still love his many hits.
Michael Jackson: You Are Not Alone, Bellie Jean, Beat it, Bad, Thriller, Heal the World, Man in The Mirror, Will You Be There and The Way You Make Me Feel. There are so many others but we just don’t have the time to list them all. Michael Jackson may his soul rest in peace is one of my all-time favourites. I love his music. He is a legend and has been accredited by many of today’s musicians and singers for his influence on their careers.
- Tina Turner: Let’s Stay Together, Private Dancer, Simply The Best, I Don’t Wanna Fight , We Don’t Need Another Hero and What’s Love Got to Do With It. She is such a beautiful and talented woman.
Who stands out from your childhood? How did he or she make you feel when you heard their music? Feel free to share in comments below.
So dear friends, enjoy the rhythm, move to the beat, clap your hands, move your feet whatever your body compels you to do. Music is there for us to enjoy. Past or present it does not matter because all of them have the power to reach you if you let them.
From time to time it’s good to go back to the old days and listen or watch some of the people who’ve paved the way for so many others.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great week!