Today is the 31st of December, officially the last day of 2017 and I just wanted to give thanks for the ALL that I endured, learned and achieved over the last few months.
2017 without a doubt had its challenging moments for the majority of the year right up to June to be exact. However, I refused to lose faith and hope and believed with all my being that things just had to get better.
Giving up was just not an option I could afford. My efforts to improve my situation just seemed to never be enough so I turned to God. I got to a point where I believed only a miracle could resolve all of my problems. I prayed and prayed and declared over my life that this year was going to be the beginning of a new chapter, a better and brighter chapter of my life and ALL that was holding me back would be no more.
And you know what, God delivered me and my family from the constraints, obstacles and limitations that seemed to plague us for years. He gave us a clean and fresh slate. No we didn’t win the lottery but honestly I prayed that we would but God had different plans for us. I’m just as satisfied with the alternative.
2017 has given me so much to be grateful for.
- I started my very own blog on January 31st 2017 titled livingvsexisting.com. This has given me much joy and greater purpose in my life.
- God created a way out of financial debt when I could not see any. With God nothing is impossible. No problem is too big or too small for Him. Trust me. 🙂
- God through his grace has blessed my family with a new vehicle.
- God brought me to this blogging community and gifted me with the pleasure of meeting and learning from some very amazing, talented and special people who I would probably not have met if I had not taken that step on January 31st 2017 to join.
- God has blessed my family with so much this year after years and years of obstacles, challenges and limitations that at some points I thought he had forgotten about us. I realize now that he needed us to endure and work through the pain and not lose faith and hope. He was testing our commitment to the process and ultimately to Him.
- The strength and power that comes from having a strong support system encouraging and cheering for your success. My family has definitely been that force in my life and for them I am forever grateful.
- God’s protection throughout the year not only over myself but each and every member of my family and our dwellings. His precious blood, favour and mercy has kept the enemy at bay and we are truly grateful for this.
- The woman who I am becoming. 🙂
- My writing skills and material has improved and grown so much in this time.
- The wisdom and knowledge that I have acquired that has helped to not only improve my life but the lives of those who read my posts.
- The support and encouragement I have received from this blogging community as well as other supporters of my blog. I am genuinely thankful for each of you. May God continue to bless you all.
- Seeing God’s favour at work in my life.
You see my friends no matter how challenging 2017 was I’ve learnt that we have to trust in the bigger picture. The challenging moments are meant to prepare us for what is to come. You need to persevere! Sometimes in order to do that we need to look past the difficulty and look towards a brighter and better future. Don’t see yourself as stuck but rather as passing through.
As we leave 2017 behind let us leave the negative experiences behind choosing to take with us the lessons learnt along the way and the happy moments we’ve had.
May 2018 be everything God wants for you and more. God has not forgotten about you. Trust in Him and He WILL see you through.
Have a wonderful day. Happy New Year in advance from my family to yours.