Hello and welcome back to What’s Up Wednesdays! Hope you’re all having a good week thus far. I’m happy to say that my health has improved and I’m almost back to 100%. 🙂 A special thanks to those of you for your get well wishes. I really appreciated it.
Today was a very hectic day and honestly, I’m beat. I feel guilty about not being able to deliver this post the way I would like to but my mind and body are just too tired tonight.
This week has been draining but productive so I won’t complain. It’s been a challenge to eat on time but I try to do right by my body. I’ve eaten mostly soups for the last week but today I had Chinese food for lunch – pepper shrimp with noodles and vegetables. Thankfully, it was not too spicy. I was craving it so I just had to get it. No regrets! 🙂
I’m excited about my future even though I don’t know exactly where I would be or how things would all turn out but I know I can’t live in fear. It is with this knowledge that I choose to adopt a positive outlook on life as I move forward trusting God and aligning myself to receive my blessings and his favour in every aspect of my life. I claim it and receive it in Jesus name. Amen!
I’m still to finish to my Orphan Black series. 🙁
As for the shopping, the way I’m feeling tonight we should be getting a new queen mattress to go with my new pillows. I’ll work on that. 🙂
Is there anything new to report?
The giveaway! I have not forgotten. I just have to organize the details this week and hopefully I can run it next week. That’s it for tonight dear friends. Stay blessed and not stressed.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night!
Not because we can’t see value, worth or ‘substance’ in someone else doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
Some use differences to separate and divide. While others choose to celebrate and embrace them.
Sure our differences make us different but that’s not a negative thing? These differences create opportunities for us to grow, learn and develop.
Being different isn’t the problem. Being closed-minded about it is.
For our eyes can only see what’s on the surface. It’s up to us to dig deeper.
Let’s be proud of who we are and never let anyone make us feel inferior or unworthy.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hello and welcome back to Music Reflection Mondays! Hope you all had a good start to your week and that all is good with you. Today I want to look at where we would be without music.
Have you ever wondered what life would be like without music? A very scary thought – don’t you think! Just imagine…
- Long lines in financial institutions will be even more daunting as you try to patiently wait your turn as you pass the time.
- Long drives with nothing but listen to but each other if you’re lucky to have company. Depending on the company in the car though that could be really tough. 🙂 Or never-ending talk on the radio.
- Being stuck in traffic would be even more draining. Talk about torture!!!
- Browsing or shopping in malls especially the really huge ones could be a little discouraging when you think about the distance you have to walk to get to some of your favourite stores. You never really notice how far you’ve walked while walking and listening to the music.
- Exercising without music. I would not even think about it. Music helps to distract me most times from the side effects of the workout. 🙂
- A party or social gathering of friends and family without music to help them relax and enjoy themselves. Would it still be called a ‘party’?
- How would some of us de-stress after a long day at the office?
- Where would some of us find the strength to cope with some of the painful moments of life without the support, encouragement and wisdom that some songs give us?
Life without music seems so boring, black and white even. Music brings with it a sense of power, energy, colour and life that we can’t help but smile, dance and sing along as we listen to it.
Do you agree? Can you imagine what your life would like without music?
I for one can appreciate what music does for me. Don’t underestimate it’s usefulness or influence on your life.
Have a great night and a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by.
In life, what you SAY is important. However, what you DO is what people remember most.
What impression are you leaving on this world?
I’ll be honest with you. This remains a work in progress. 🙂
Life and time don’t stand still – so why should we?
Life is about transformation, growth and development.
We come into this world as babies but we don’t stay that way. We grow and develop and with each new stage of life come new lessons, new opportunities and new milestones for us to overcome.
Along the way it is up to us, to create happiness and enjoy the good times with the time allotted to us. We should not allow the negative experiences to steal our joy instead just note them as lessons learnt.
Remember live, love and laugh!!!!
Make today a great one. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by.
I’m back! My short but sweet stay in Miami was great. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Brickell area. The hotel, my room, the staff and the food were all great. The shopping was also good. It was just what the doctor ordered. 🙂
It feels so good to be back home with my family and blogging again. I’ve missed you guys.
My birthday celebrations could not have been better. I spent it with the people I love and I know love me so much. I am now 37. 🙂 I am truly blessed and grateful to have made it this far.
I pray and trust that the good Lord will continue to bless me with good health, strength, wisdom, understanding, patience, resources and the people needed to do all he requires me to do.
There is no question that I have a supportive and loving group of people and I thank God for them everyday. May they also be blessed with all they need. Over the years I’ve learnt so much.
Here are my Top 20 lessons:
- Trust and believe in God with all your heart (this has worked for me and it can work for you too)
- Value the people who value you
- Appreciate the people who appreciate you
- Say thank you
- Say how you feel
- Show your love for others
- Show love to yourself
- Believe in yourself
- Practice patience (easier said than done sometimes but it is necessary)
- Don’t let the fear of failing keep you from trying
- People will disappoint us from time to time but we should not give up on everyone as a result
- Think things through.
- Avoid doing and saying things out of anger and haste
- It’s important to review our relationships and the impact they have on us be it positive or negative and do something about it.
- Don’t stress the small stuff.
- Don’t create unrealistic expectations for yourself or others.
- We all make mistakes and fall short sometimes. Learn from the experiences and move forward.
- Respect, trust and integrity are priceless.
- Be yourself, pretending to be someone you’re not will only hinder your growth and true happiness.
- Happiness starts with you – your thoughts, your attitude and your words.
Once we have life we have an opportunity to learn each day. Not all lessons can be learnt from a textbook. Open your eyes, minds, ears and hearts and you’ll see what I mean. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
Life is filled with ups and downs.
It also has a few bad people who do terrible things.
Who sometimes make us feel to curl up in a little ball and hide.
However, even within all that chaos, madness, sadness and fear
Many of us are still blessed with beautiful, amazing and special people
Who remind us that this life is still worth living and sharing with the people we love and love us back.
When life gets tough, sometimes we have to push back rather than pull back.
Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day. 🙂