I believe that every disappointment has a hidden blessing behind it even though we may not see it at the time.
What do I mean by “blessing“? I believe that a blessing can refer to a person or an act that can improve or add value, happiness and joy to someone’s life. It can be anything from getting a new house; getting a promotion; conceiving or receiving a child; spiritual healing, physical healing; meeting the love of your life; achieving financial deliverance and so much more based on the needs and value placed on it by the person receiving it.
God knows our heart’s desires. He also knows what is best for us and more importantly when to bless us with the things that we need and want. I’ve come to learn over the years that my timing and God’s timing are different. I want all of my blessings and I want them now – used to be my attitude and thinking. Patience was a virtue I definitely lacked.
God has a bigger plan for our lives. We all have a special and unique purpose and contribution to make in this world even though we can’t see it now.
However, in order for us to receive the blessings God has for us – I believe that we have to first undergo some test and learn some lessons along the way, all designed to develop and strengthen us. Some of the test and lessons are more difficult than others and can come in the form of hardship, disappointments and even tragedy.
In my test, I would admit I was sometimes confused, angry and even disappointed when things didn’t go my way or when relationships failed.
Here are (10) ten lessons that I learnt:
- When God puts it in your heart to do something – do it! Don’t delay and keep putting it off. You don’t want him to up the antics to get your attention.
- Some test and lessons require us to walk away from certain people and things in our lives for us to achieve the things we are destined for. When God says it’s time to wrap it up you better wrap it up.
- Every disappointment, every failure and every heart-break was designed to make us stronger, wiser and more resilient.
- Disappointment hurts and it can even leave us feeling a little crushed. It is not however, meant to destroy our hope or wreck our lives. It is how we respond to these events that can bring us the break-through that we’ve hoped for.
- Crying can help bring emotional release but it does not help with the mental turmoil. Those feelings of unworthiness, self-doubt, self-pity, anger, resentment and frustration can eat you alive. I had to find ways to overcome those feelings in order for me to move forward with my life and that in itself was a test and a lesson.
- God knows the things we struggle with even before we do. He will even create situations to help us overcome them but we have to trust him and persevere. We must do our part or there will be no growth and I believe we remain stuck in our test until we learn the lesson.
- God is a merciful God and he will never give us more than we can bear. Our test are different and some might even say unfair at times as we compare our lives to others but let’s not compare but instead choose to persevere so our blessings can flow as we continue to grow in mind, body and spirit.
- It takes a lot of self talk, prayer, faith, trust and perseverance to go through life in your present existence knowing that although everything is not perfect right now things will get better.
- Use disappointment as a stepping stone to propel you into the next level of your journey.
- We all have our own test to complete and our own lessons to learn.
What lesson is God trying to teach you in your life now? What or who is holding you back from becoming who you are meant to be?
I believe we all have the potential to not only overcome the disappointments that we are faced with but also get the hidden blessings that can come out of them – if we choose to view them differently and persevere.
If you are going through a tough period in your life now, know that you are not alone. Life can be a struggle but not everything in it has to be. Trust that this too shall pass, look for the lesson, learn from it and God will deliver your blessing.
Thanks for stopping. 🙂