Health and Wellness Fridays – Simplicity
Welcome back to Health and Wellness Fridays! Today, as the topic suggests I’ll be talking about the simplicity of health and wellness.
Yes, being healthy and taking better care of our bodies does not have to be complicated and technical although at times it can feel that way because there is just so much information, products, options and opinions out there.
Everywhere you look there’s someone or something saying, ” Do this! Don’t do that! Eat this! Don’t eat that! It can leave anyone struggling to get and live healthy feel overwhelmed and just frustrated trying to do everything.
The good news is we don’t have to do everything! However, there are some things we should do. Here are my 13 tips for working towards being healthier without the pressure. 🙂
- Love yourself enough to do and eat what’s best for you.
- Strive for balance in your meals not too much of any one food group.
- Take it slow and be gradual in the adjustments you make. Don’t be too drastic in the measures you try to implement.
- Make realistic goals.
- Create short-term and long -term goals for yourself. Example: I want to reduce my sugar consumption or I want to eat more fruits and vegetables per day.
- Create and start an action plan to help you meet your goals.
- Encourage a friend or family member to team up with you as you both try to live differently and support each other. It’s easier to do when you don’t feel like you’re alone but it’s not necessary.
- Don’t give up!
- Get active. Activity of any type be it dancing, running, walking, swimming, sports whatever you choose do something and stick with it. Movement is good for our hearts and our bodies and is a step in the right direction. 🙂
- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get anyone to join you on this journey. Remember, who stands to benefit from a healthier and happier you.
- Believe in yourself. Be your own coach, your own motivator. Being negative and having the wrong attitude would only work against you.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you fall short of your goal. Assess why and take corrective action to reduce this in the future and move forward.
- It’s alright to treat yourself every once in a while once you’ve acquired the self-control to not overindulge.
Sounds simple enough right. Being healthy is a lifestyle so what we do and eat affects our health. Therefore, if we pay closer attention to what and how much we put in we’re doing better already. 🙂 We have more control than we think but we have to use it and this is often where the challenge comes. Accept responsibility and get proactive in your self-care. 🙂
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.