Welcome back to Health and Wellness Fridays! Happy Friday greetings to each of you. Today, I’m just going to share my views on ‘health and wellness’ and what it means to me.
What is health and wellness all about anyway?
I won’t say it’s all about eating more fruits and vegetables. I won’t even say it’s about drinking more water. What I would say is that health and wellness is all about the choices we make.
From what we choose to eat, how much we eat, the type of people we socialize with, the stories we tell and not tell ourselves. Sure, exercise is in there but it is not the primary goal or focus because ‘fit’ people get sick too.
Health and wellness encompasses not only our lifestyle choices but our relationships with others as well as ourselves. You might be surprised to learn just how much our relationships with people and ourselves can impact our health and overall well-being. Don’t underestimate the power of negativity on your health and happiness.
Is it an illusion?
Health and wellness is only an illusion if we’re doing the opposite of what we should be doing. If we allow negative people to influence our thoughts and behaviour in a negative way – then yes, health and wellness would be an illusion.
What health and wellness is not about:
- Looking like someone else.
- Pointing fingers.
- Strictly food and exercise.
- Striving for balance in various aspects of our lives (physical health, mental health, our relationships, and so on.)
- Diversity and willingness to try new things
- Accepting and embracing change
- Growth in mind, body and spirit
- Self-love and self-worth
- Understanding we all make mistakes and choosing to learn from them
- Not letting guilt hinder us from moving forward