Health and Wellness Greetings to each of you!
Today I felt inspired to write about some of the things that typically inspire and drive some of us to take a different approach to our health and overall well-being.
- A visit to the doctor. You go to the doctor for one thing and you end up with more feedback than you were expecting. Sometimes he or she would have to recommend that we change or cut out some of our everyday habits. We would probably even have to make changes to our diet and even increase or start taking exercising more seriously based on the findings.
- Looking in the mirror. This one does not always inspire everyone. For some a glimpse into the mirror is all they need to run and join a gym. For others it just a reminder of the areas we should be working on. I for one know the areas I need to pay closer attention to but I don’t let the mirror get me down. Focus on the good, enhance your assets 🙂 and try to improve what you can. Don’t spend anytime beating up yourself about where you’re at. Focus on where you would like to be and make an effort to get there. 🙂
- Constant feedback from those around you. Some people mean well but they often neglect the fact that their good intentions can have a negative impact on the same people they are trying to help. We allinternalize criticism differently. Some use it as a driving force to excel in life while others absorb it and let it eat away at their very core. When the latter happens, this not only hinders growth it creates depression and can even make things worse.
- You reach your ‘enough is enough’ moment. This is the point in your life when you’re tired of the excuses and you just take control of your life. You pay attention to what you eat, you make an effort to get active and just choose to no longer be a bystander in your own life.
- Fear of death. Many of us want to live for as long as we can so we try to educate ourselves on the Dos and Don’ts and try to implement healthier lifestyle choices all in effort to preserve and hopefully extend our lives. The reality is, we all will die eventually and we have no say in how we go ultimately but we can reduce our risks for the things within our control.
- Family and loved ones. Sometimes just the thought of dying and leaving our loved ones is enough to motivate us to take better care of ourselves and them. Eating habits are learnt and taught whether we believe that or not. Our families eat what we provide so we ultimately set the tone for their lives. We owe it to them and ourselves to make better choices.
In the end, for each of us there may be multiple reasons why we do what we do and a few why we don’t. These health and wellness posts are for people like me who sometimes need the reminder or gentle push to do more for ourselves. No matter what ultimately drives and inspires us to live better – the number one reason should be because we are WORTH IT!
Do I have all of the answers to health and wellness? NO but I do understand how challenging it can be when you have gained the weight and you’re trying to get if off and keep it off. The battle between what taste best and what is BEST for us is real. For some this comes easy and others like myself, we just have to take it one day and even one meal at a time.
Happy Friday to you all. Make today a great one and have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by.