Welcome back to Health and Wellness Fridays! I hope that all is well.
Today I would like to talk about things we can use and do that naturally help to strengthen our immune systems.
The immune system is our bodies defence mechanism that helps fight and protect us from diseases. The demands on our immune system are great and as such giving it an extra boost from time to time is a good way to help ensure that it can perform at its best.
Here are some things we can DO and USE to help strengthen our immune system.
- Eat healthy servings of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Avoid tobacco smoke.
- Consume friendly bacteria – such as probiotics to your diet.
- Get enough sleep.
- Manage stress levels.
- Eat garlic – preferably uncooked
- Reduce sugar intake
- Get some sun – vitamin D
- Get immunized
- Drink more herbal teas – green tea, peppermint, elderberry and ginger.
- Invest in a good multivitamin supplement to support our diet.
- Consider introducing immune-enhancing herbs such as Echinacea, ginseng, ginger, astragalus root
- Get active – moderate exercise
- Expose ourselves a little – when we are exposed to germs our bodies learn how to fight them and how to better protect us in the future. Don’t go looking for germs but you can try using plain soap instead of antibacterial gels, soaps and lotions from time to time.
WE are our ultimately our bodies primary defence against diseases. So let’s do what we can to help our bodies better PROTECT us.
What do you do to help your immune system perform at its best? Can you make any recommendations? Feel free to make your suggestions below.
Thank you for stopping by. Have an amazing weekend! 🙂