Have you ever felt as though you were destined do more with your life but could never put your finger on it? I have been there and I know how frustrating and depressing that can be.
Do not be discouraged. I have highlighted eleven things that I believe play a huge role in keeping us stuck in life.
- Distractions – refer to all of those things in life that prevent you from seeing and being everything you’re meant to be.
- Negativity – will only break you down. This can be internal or external.
- Stuck in your comfort zone – take small steps to overcome your fears. Don’t let fear keep you from learning new things.
- Poor Attitude – our attitudes both positive and negative play an important role in developing and shaping who we are and the quality of our life experiences. Be mindful of the messages you are sending.
- Lacking Gratitude – showing our gratitude to others for all they have done and do for us is good, not only for the soul but our relationships with them.
- Lacking Perseverance – perseverance is that drive to see things through no matter what. It is critical to our success without it we tend to give up easily. We only fail when we stop trying.
- Lacking Guidance – there is no shame in asking for help. No one has all the answers, when in doubt I suggest prayer. Ask God to guide you as you look for answers and I believe that he will give you the answers in a way that you will understand.
- Unforgiveness – is toxic and unhealthy. When you choose not to forgive, you are choosing to keep yourself a prisoner to that negative experience. Forgive that person and set yourself free. It’s not for them but for YOU.
- Not knowing your WORTH and LOVING yourself – If this is broken you have to fix it. Repair this relationship with yourself. You are worthy! You are an amazing person with so much to offer. You CAN do anything you put your mind to.
- Denial – gives us a false picture of what’s really going on. Take a step back and try to view your situation as a ‘bystander’ and not a ‘participant’, the aim here is objectivity. Once you have done this, take the necessary corrective action.
- Self-pity – this is a state of mind. This is when we choose to allow negative experiences to lock us into emotions that keep us prisoners of those experiences. STOP BEING THE VICTIM AND BE THE VICTOR!
The common element in each scenario is YOU. YOU are ultimately in control. YOU have the power and say in your life as to what goes and what stays. Remember that!!!
Get behind the driver’s seat and take control of your life today! 🙂