What does it truly mean to love?
For some this means that you love them NO MATTER what they do or say.
For others it means that you support and encourage them and you NEVER doing anything to hurt them.
For me, to love means accepting and embracing the other person’s differences and unique qualities the way I would expect them to accept my own. It involves looking beyond the surface to their core to where the real beauty and treasure of that person is hidden.
Love can …
- Make you say, “you messed up but we can overcome this.”
- Force you to act or speak up if the person you love is going down a negative path.
- Trigger an intervention because you refuse to give up on the one you love.
- Expose a different side to you – that you did not know existed. This can be sometimes good or not so good. Sometimes you discover you’re more fun, outgoing, adventurous, forgiving, understanding, compassionate, jealous, possessive, romantic and so much more.
- Give you a reason to continue.
- Be a motivator.
- Be a place of strength or weakness.
Love can be a source of many things but it should never be taken for granted. We should never take someone’s love for us and abuse it or misuse it and expect that person to still feel the same way about us indefinitely. The human heart and mind can take only so much. Some of us are more resilient than others when it comes to such things as matters of the heart.
Every situation is different but for love to flourish and grow like a plant it needs to be nurtured.
To love is a choice and to sustain it we have to nurture it.
My advice to you is love the way you want to be loved.
Thanks for stopping by.