Welcome back to Music Reflection Mondays!
Today, let’s look at what I like to call “Soul Piercing Music”.
What do I consider “soul piercing” music?
- It’s the kind of music that touches you so deep inside that you find yourself crying.
- It’s the kind of music that can get you so emotional you’re on the verge of tears.
- The kind of music that compels you to take a good look at your life unearthing feelings you didn’t even realize you had.
- The kind of music that leaves you wondering, ‘What was I crying about anyway?’
- This kind of music can touch you in a way like no other. It has the power to heal a broken heart.
- It makes you think.
- It makes you feel.
Here are some of my favourites.
Let Your Power Fall – Deon Kipping
I Am Yours – Lauren Daigle
Hosanna – Hillsong
The Prayer – Donnie Mc Clurkin & Yolanda Adams
First – Lauren Daigle
I Give You My Heart – Hillsong featuring Holly Dawson
Broken Vessels – Hillsong United
Do you have any songs that touch you in that way? Please feel free to share some with me below. I would love to add more to my playlist.
Never underestimate the power of music in your life. The right lyrics, listened to at the right time, in the right place, among the right people could change your life.
So make an effort to listen to the words and allow them to flow in and through you and tell me if they don’t make you think about your life and how blessed and fortunate you really are.
Every day has the potential to be as good as YOU want it to be. It could be as simple as creating a music playlist to start your day or end your day; to changing or adding to your current music selection. 🙂 Whatever you decide, don’t be afraid to try something new! Get something that makes you smile, sing, dance and get happy. 🙂
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.