Welcome back to Music Reflection Mondays! I hope all is well with each of you.
We all know Monday is the start of the work week and for many it could be a very taxing day. The good news is, at the end of it all we have an opportunity to unwind, clear our minds from the all the stress and issues of the day. It’s almost like pressing the reset button to refresh your mind. 🙂
Pondering on everything that went wrong during the day would only further stress you out and could even trigger a headache maybe even loss of appetite. We don’t want that! How we go about releasing that tension and clearing a path in our minds so we can actually de-stress and start tomorrow with fresh eyes and a cool and clear mind is critical.
There are many things you can do but not everything will work for everyone and some techniques are more effective on some people than others. Some relaxation tips include:
- Long bath with soothing music
- Listen to music on your way home
- Exercise while listening to music
- Deep tissue massage
- Art therapy – getting in touch with your creative side can do wonders for relieving stress and increasing your happiness.
- Deep slow breaths
- A visit to the spa for some pampering 🙂
- Getting adequate sleep is crucial
- Talk about what’s troubling you – it’s healthier for you to share your thoughts and feelings than to have it bottled up inside. If you don’t the pressure will continue to build until your mind and body can’t take it anymore and negatively releases it. I pity the poor soul who walks into that hurricane.
Try the different options until you find something that works for you. It is easy to say “leave work at work” but when stuff happens that leaves you emotionally charged long after work it is easier said than done.
I have found that getting my mind and body into the music I’m listening to helps me clear my mind and it works for non-work related issues as well. I sing along and that takes my mind off whatever is bothering me. A long shower, an occasional spa visit, aromatherapy, a good night’s sleep and talking to someone can make a big difference in how you feel.
Some music I enjoy include:
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Despacito – Justin Bieber featuring Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee and the original version
- No Promises – Cheat Codes featuring Demi Lovato
- Let Me Love You – DJ Snake featuring Justin Bieber
- A Different Way – DJ Snake, Lauv
- No Lie – Sean Paul featuring Dua Lipa
- Meant to Be – Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line
Have a wonderful night and feel free to make your music suggestions in comments below. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by.