Welcome back to Health and Wellness Fridays!
Today we’re going to be looking at the importance of being able to move forward.
More often than not, we can sometimes find ourselves getting distracted and discouraged by what we’re not doing right. It’s normal to be disappointed when we fail or fall short. However, holding on to the disappointment long after is unhealthy. Other times, we may allow the opinions and views of others to eat away at us resulting in the accumulation of anger, self-doubt, guilt, sadness and sometimes depression.
Constantly holding on to things emotionally can make us sick over time as it could have us feeling stressed out and overwhelmed. Some symptoms we might suffer from include: constant headaches, loss of appetite, feeling constantly fatigued, some people may over eat to compensate, while others may even experience hair loss.
Not choosing to move forward has a cost. Peace of mind, happiness and your health.
The thing is, if we’re honest with ourselves, I think we could all agree that there are areas in our lives that we can improve on no matter how physically healthy we may appear to be. The truth is, we should be more focused on finishing the ‘work’ needed on and in ourselves rather than pointing fingers at each other. I think if we can do this, then we all would be living healthier, happier lives.
How do we move forward?
- LET GO of negativity.
- STOP comparing ourselves to other people.
- STOP beating ourselves up about who we are at this stage in our lives.
- TAKE responsibility for where we are right now. We got ourselves here but the good news is we CAN get ourselves better.
- MAKE the decision for ourselves to do better and STICK with it.
- FORGIVE ourselves for our weaknesses while working towards a better, brighter tomorrow.
- NEVER accept that our shortcomings or failures define us. They are merely a manifestation of who we’ve been. Tomorrow is a new day and we have a say in how we choose to participate in it.
- WORK on developing, improving and healing ourselves from the inside out. Too often we get caught up thinking if I just lose the weight I’ll feel better. If I just fix this or that about myself maybe I’ll feel better. Look at the underlying causes or factors that have not been resolved emotionally and seek to address those areas. A flat stomach would make you look great on the beach but your heart would still be breaking inside.
- CHANGE our focus. If we can adjust our thinking from ‘ I’m dieting to lose weight’ to ‘I’m eating my way to a healthier life’ then we would not only maintain the changes we implement but enjoy them.’ It would not happen overnight but with the right attitude anything is possible.
Moving forward can be challenging but it is necessary for peace of mind, growth, your health and overall well-being. I don’t know what your situations are but trust me moving forward is the only answer to finding happiness.
There are too many people in this world going through life unhappy and stuck in their emotions unable to truly enjoy their lives because they have not been able to move forward. Take control of your life by taking control of your emotions not masking them but treating with them in a healthy manner.
Heavenly Father, I come before You tonight to say thank you for another wonderful day. Thank you that I am able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life that so many of us often take for granted. Thank you for always providing for me and protecting me. Thank you for loving me in moments when I don’t love myself. Thank you for forgiving me for my shortcomings.
As I go forward in my walk with You daily I pray that You help me to overcome the weak areas in my life that I struggle with. I ask that You heal the parts of my heart that I try to ignore. I ask that as I make a conscious effort to live better and be better that You would bring about positive change in my life, mind, body and spirit. I receive your blessing in my life. In Jesus name. Amen.
Don’t base your happiness on being the ‘ideal’ weight. Your happiness is determined by your attitude towards life and the types of relationships you strive to have with others.
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.
Have a wonderful weekend. See you next week. 🙂