Heavenly Father as I get ready to share this post guide and direct my words, help me deliver this post in a manner that would benefit all who read it. Help us align ourselves to Your will and not our own so that we can see and experience the breakthroughs we so desperately need in our lives today. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen!
Alignment speaks to the positioning or lining up of something.
In life many times when things or life does not go our way it could throw off our alignment. However, more often than not I have noticed that it was my lack of alignment in the first place that got me into some of the situations I found myself in.
Take a look at some examples of my own situations and how lack of alignment affected my life.
- My lack of respect and value for money lead me to misuse and abuse the money I had that behaviour and lack of discipline resulted in me acquiring large debt.
- My lack of self-control and discipline saw me over indulging in unhealthy eating habits that resulted in an unhealthy and unhappy me.
- My desire to find happiness everywhere else but within me and through God found me in unhealthy relationships and situations that did me more harm than good.
- My lack of gratitude and appreciation for the small things in my life caused me to miss those blessings when they were gone.
- My unwillingness to forgive myself and others kept me stuck in a cycle of unhappiness for a long time. This type of existence left me feeling alone, ashamed, regretful, angry, resentful and sad. I would portray a smile to the world but inside I was lost and hurting.
- I would feel compelled to go to church sometimes but I would not go.
- I would sometimes give the opinions, thoughts and perspectives of others more weight than my own thoughts or beliefs. I soon learnt that when in doubt I should turn to God not man.
- The words of defeat and negativity that I would have thought and spoken over my life became my reality because through my own thoughts and words I gave that possibility life.
I’ve shared experiences to highlight how our actions and sometimes our inaction could affect our alignment. This lack of alignment can negatively affect our joy, happiness, peace of mind, relationships, health, business, families, success, behaviour, and spirit.
There is a tug- of- war over control for alignment that goes on inside of each of us daily. To regain control of our lives and correct our alignment of mind, body and spirit we have to pray and put our trust in God daily. It is not a one off-thing.
Take stock today, look at the various areas of your life, your thoughts, your words that you speak over yourself and others, your heart (is it filled with unforgiveness, resentment and anger) all of these areas affect your alignment in life and with God.
We would not put a seed into an empty box then place it in the refrigerator and expect it to blossom into a tree and bear fruit. Through the knowledge, wisdom and understanding of how seeds grow we know we must place it in nutrient rich soil, water it and make sure it gets sunlight for it grow.
We are like seeds planted here on earth and if we are to become the magnificent trees God has planted in our souls then we must align ourselves to get ALL that we need so that we can blossom here on earth.
Seek His face, His power, His forgiveness, His strength, His understanding, His wisdom, His courage, His mercy, His favour, His healing and His alignment to get yourself positioned where you need to be in your life.
Am I where I need to be? I’ll let you know when I get there. 🙂 Everyday I choose to submit to God’s will and my own I get nearer and nearer. I can feel and trust that God is aligning me and positioning me to be exactly where He needs me to be. I am continually praising Him and asking Him to align my heart, body and soul so that I am where and who He needs me to become.
Thank you Lord for using me today. Let this post be a blessing to all who read.
As always, thank you for making this blog one of your stops on this journey called life.