Thank you Lord for this new day. Thank you for another opportunity to share and be a blessing to someone’s life today. Help me deliver this message effectively. In Jesus name. Amen.
Many times I’ve gone through life being physically present without being emotionally present.
You may ask, what can cause a person to want to separate their emotions from their physical self?
Some situations that could cause someone to want some distance between their physical and emotional self are:
- Experiencing constant abuse of any kind be it physical, emotional or sexual.
- Experiencing domestic violence.
- The pain of losing a loved one is just too much.
- Constantly witnessing the abuse of a loved one.
- Life just seems to be too difficult.
- Constantly trying to please others. Therefore, making their happiness priority over your own happiness.
Some benefits of this skill include:
- The numbness that it provides.
- It disconnects you from the moment or experience. Hence, you don’t have to feel anything.
- It provides a feeling of security even in the midst of the chaos.
- It gives you a sense of control over you.
However, some drawbacks of this skill when it becomes your way of life include:
- You lose more and more of yourself over time.
- You get so accustomed to running away emotionally it becomes difficult to stay present.
- Running does not heal the hurt but rather conceals it momentarily.
- The numbness that it creates in us over time hardens the parts of us that were meant to know and experience love and life.
- It does not make you happy it just numbs you.
Over the years I found being physically present and emotionally present for every thing in my life was sometimes too painful and found difficulty coping with them. It took many years but I learnt to control when and where I wanted to feel. However, as the drawbacks highlighted suggests there was a price.
Like everything in life, there are consequences for everything we do. Thankfully, with prayer and time, I was able to heal and turn this preservation skill into a powerful tool to ensure my own peace of mind and happiness.
How do we use this skill to our benefit rather our demise?
- Talk to someone about what you’re going through.
- Some situations require you to leave the environment for the healing in your life, mind and body to take place.
- Learn to love yourself again.
- Forgive yourself, the person or people who hurt you.
- Pray and ask God to help you.
- Understand that you CAN and WILL get better but it will take a little time so be PATIENT with yourself.
- Remember, God loves you and wants to see you whole again.
Heavenly Father, as I come before You this morning to give You thanks and praise for all that You are doing not only in my life but all those who read and visit my blog.
I thank you for restoring what was lost. I thank you for healing the broken places within me. Thank you for loving me even in my brokenness and imperfections. Thank you for touching my life and making me whole and one with You. Thank you that the people who are reading this would be blessed by this post and share it with someone who may really need to read it.
I know Heavenly Father that Your desire is for us to be happy not sad. Healed and not sick and broken. Filled with Your joy, peace and a sense of security that comes from knowing You. Let us feel Your love washed over and through us as we read and agree that You are our Lord and Saviour. Only You can fix the areas of our lives we have struggled with for so long. Give us the strength, wisdom, understanding and courage to DO what we have to do. We let go of our fears and ask for Your intervention and deliverance today. As the song says, prove the doubters wrong. You are mighty and strong. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen!
It’s time to stop running and start living. Make today better than yesterday.
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.