What is hopelessness?
Hopelessness is that feeling deep down on the inside that tells you:
- Don’t bother trying anymore!
- What’s the point anyway!
- It’s over!
- You’re all alone!
- No one cares!
- Give up!
- You’re done!
Hopelessness looks at the situations we’ve failed to get ourselves out of and convinces us it is over. My friends, when we go through life without the knowledge of Jesus Christ, who He is, what He represents and how much He loves us, it is easy to get caught up in feelings of hopelessness.
The truth is, even in what may seem like a hopeless situation with Jesus Christ on our side, there is always the possibility of a favourable outcome. With Jesus, there is always hope, because there is:
- No situation too difficult for Him.
- No problem too big for Him.
- No such thing as impossible for Jesus Christ.
No matter how hopeless your situation may appear today, I want you to know that Jesus wants to help. He wants to deliver you out of it. He wants to show up in your life and do great things. Through Jesus, there is deliverance for all those who believe and trust in Him.
- No matter where we are in our lives right now, Jesus Christ will meet us right where we are to take us where we’re meant to be.
- He loves us even though some of us don’t know Him. His love for us is so great that He came to this world, to die for our sins and rose again so that we can have life and not death. This is true love.
- We have a choice to make, life or death? Once we choose Jesus, we will not only have life but we will have it more abundantly.
- We must ask God to forgive our sins and surrender who we were. Choosing to walk in the truth of who we have become as we are now one with Him.
In closing, I leave you with this, hopelessness is a symptom of a deficiency in Jesus Christ. The only way to cure hopelessness is through reading the word of God daily; meditating in it and applying it to our lives. Believing in it more than what is before your everyday senses of sight, hearing and touch.
Don’t walk around anymore embracing the lie that hopelessness teaches us instead let us choose to embrace and hold on tightly to : truth, hope and love, that is, Jesus Christ.
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops on this journey called life.
Have a great day and be blessed. 🙂