Here is my list of Top 30 Life Lessons coupled with some Words of Wisdom that I’ve acquired along the way.
1. Trust your instincts.
2. Don’t believe everything you read or hear.
3. Be proactive rather than reactive.
4. Forgiveness is the start towards living a happier more productive life.
5. Procrastination is a proven method for going nowhere. Keep doing it long enough and you may even forget where you were headed.
6. Relationships may come and go but we should never lose ourselves in the process.
7. Being healthy is not necessarily being a perfect size but rather the lifestyle choices we make to live better.
8. Being happy starts with us. We have more power and control over our own happiness than we think. Starting with the negative people in our lives.
9. Our past experiences have helped to shape who we are today but they don’t define who we are.
10. “Family” is more than just blood relative. It is a ‘call to action’ that few non-relatives would have gained the right to be called.
11. Not all parents are parents and not all parents can parent. In some instances, their roles were simply to get us here.
12. Self-love is called self-love for reason, it must come from within. No amount of feedback from those around you could make you feel for yourself what you don’t believe about yourself.
13. We believe what we hear, so we need to be mindful of the information we feed and allow to be fed to us.
14. “Mistakes” are really lessons in disguise. So open your eyes and take from them the lessons being communicated to you.
15. The true beauty of something is not always found on the surface. Sometimes we just have to dig deeper. If you trust only your eyes to find beauty in life, there may be many beautiful people who you miss the opportunity to meet and know.
16. Love can be expressed through words and actions that bring joy and a smile to your life and heart. Love never physically, emotionally or intentionally hurts you.
17. Being silent and not communicating when we’re hurting inside emotionally doesn’t help ease the pain we feel. If anything, it temporarily masks it.
18. Life can be complicated at times but it can also be really simple. It’s all about the lens from which we choose to view it from.
19. Prayer coupled with faith and belief is the most powerful, inexpensive weapon you can own.
20. We’re all imperfect creatures and that is what makes each of us special. As a result, the only real expectation we need to live up to is our own no one else’s.
21. The success or failure of a relationship lies in the willingness of both parties to work through the issues to move forward.
22. Music is more than a cool way to pass the time. It is a great stress reliever and can help improve your mood.
23. Children are the future and if we want a brighter future we need to be mindful of the influence our behaviour and words have on their lives.
24. The earth is our home and if we don’t take better care of it how can we expect it to take care of us.
25. The cloud that seems to be hovering over your life is a passing cloud. The sun will come out and you will see your way again. It happened for me and it can happen for you. 🙂
26. Laugh as much as you can. Don’t take everything so serious all of the time.
27. We can’t control everything but we can control some things. Do what you can, where you can as best as you can.
28. It’s not what we say but how we say it so think before you speak.
29. One of the most precious gifts we have in this life is time, use it wisely.
30. Lastly, we don’t have to be great at everything.
Feel free to add a life lesson below in comments. Thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful night.