Pleasant greetings to each of you. Heavenly Father, as I prepare to write this post give me the right words to deliver this so that it impacts all those You intend it for. May it open our eyes, minds, hearts and spirits as to what is needed of and from us so that we may experience the changes we’ve been praying for. In Jesus name, amen.
We often hear believers in Jesus Christ say, “You just have to trust God.” I say it all the time on my blog and even in my everyday life. However, it occurred to me just now, that this word “trust” is often easier said than done. Just look at how difficult it is for some of us to apply it to our everyday lives and relationships. It’s no wonder so many people find it hard to trust in someone or something they cannot see.
Thankfully, I have learnt to trust God more and more over the years but it was not easy. After many life lessons, stumbles, prayers and perseverance my breakthroughs eventually came one by one. These experiences both the good and bad have helped increase my faith and belief in God.
As I look back, I can say now that those seasons in my life were not meant to be the end of me but rather were there to hopefully push and pull me into my own awareness and relationship with God. I am thankful that I endured and that God gave me the strength to persevere so that I could overcome them.
My friends, you can learn to do this too. You can develop and strengthen your relationship with God. You can learn to trust God as you exercise your faith in Him daily. When you do, He will show up in your life and do things that you would have no doubt that ONLY God could have done for you. 🙂
Here are some things that can hinder our development of trust and faith in God:
- Many of us know of God but have no real relationship with Him. To develop a relationship with God we need to seek Him daily. We need to ask Him to intervene in our life and work on our behalf for the things we so tirelessly try to fix and go after ourselves. Then, allow Him to do His thing.
- Many of us are caught up in religion when our PRIMARY FOCUS should be solely on GOD. Who He is? What He stands for? What are His expectations of us? How can we become what He needs us to be? All of these are the questions we should be asking and seeking the answers for.
- Many of us are walking around not receiving the breakthroughs we need in our lives because we are ignorant to what we truly need to be successful. We need Jesus Christ. We need to read and meditate on the Word of God. We need the wisdom that the word of God provides if we want to be truly successful in life.
- Many of us want more out of life but are not willing to give up some things or some negative people to grow into who we are meant to be.
- Many of us want to be successful but are not willing to do the work. Hence some of us sit, complain and constantly compare rather than aggressively going after what we claim to want.
- Many of us lack patience. God’s timing and our ‘right now attitude’ will always clash. As a result, we feel frustrated and at times angry with ourselves and sometimes God.
- Many of us have grown dependent on the church or a particular individual (religious leader) for our deliverance when the truth and the fact is ALL we need Jesus Christ. The purpose of the church and a religious leader is to educate us about the word of God. It is our responsibility to build and nurture our own individual relationships with God. It is not the responsibility of the church or the pastor. We need to take control of our own relationships with God through Jesus Christ and not rely on any institution or individual. Their role is to guide but we have to do the work.
God wants us to diligently seek Him. God wants us to desire Him more than the things of this world. God wants to help us in our everyday affairs be it our finances, relationships, marriages, parenting, workplace or our health concerns but he won’t force Himself into them. We must invite Him to take control and let Him do it His way.
If we have no expectation of God then we have no reason to trust Him. Expectation will build our faith, faith will develop our trust and all three can deliver our miracle.
Our faith and trust in God will grow as:
We choose to trust Him even when everyone else has walked away.
We choose to trust Him even when we are unclear or uncertain of our next step.
We choose to trust Him even when people think we are crazy.
We choose to trust Him even when we don’t understand.
We choose to trust Him even when things look a mess?
We choose to trust Him even when it hurts?
Friends, if we can do this, God will DO for us what we could not do for ourselves. He would show us and all the doubters that He is Lord. He would show us that no matter what our situations may look like He is in control.
Keep God at the center of your life and everything else will fall into place.
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops on this journey called life.
Have a great week. 🙂