Monday greetings to you all! I hope that you all had a good weekend filled with pleasant memories to carry you through this new week. If not, you better create some. 🙂
Welcome back to Music Reflection Mondays! Today I’m highlighting some of my favourites that I’ve listened to over the years when I was down or just feeling a
little (okay I’ll admit it) really messed up and broken. The important thing is, I’m much happier now than I was back then when I felt like the world as I knew it was no more.
These songs helped provide clarity in some instances and even gave me the strength to move forward in others. They helped calm my thoughts and just put me in a better place. 🙂
Can you think of any songs that helped you through a difficult time in your life?
I’ve listed them in alphabetical order. Let’s begin. 🙂
- Adele – Set Fire to the Rain
- Alicia Keys – No One
- Bruno Mars – Just the Way You Are
- David Guetta featuring Sia – Titanium
- Deborah Cox – Nobody Supposed To Be Here
- Destiny’s Child – Say My Name
- Fergie – Big Girls Don’t Cry
- Jennifer Hudson – Spotlight
- Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River
- Kate Perry – Part of Me
- Mary J Blige – No More Drama
- Monica – For You I Will
- Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin
- R. Kelly – When A Woman’s Fed Up
- Rihanna – Take a Bow
- Rihanna – Only Girl (In the World)
- Usher – Burn
- Usher – Moving Mountains
- Whitney Houston – Heartbreak Hotel featuring Faith Evans and Kelly Price
- Whitney Houston – It’s Not Right But It’s Okay
If you’ve gotten this far, well done. 🙂 It was tough narrowing down this list but I did it. I must ask, were any of the above on your list of favourites? If not, do share I would love to know so please feel free to share one or two in comments below.
Music was there when I needed it most and I didn’t even realize it back then. Today, it is my go to when I’m feeling down. Before I know it, I’m bobbing my head, tapping my foot and singing along. My spirit feels lifted and forward I go onto my next challenge. Revived and renewed. 🙂
Thank you Lord for all the artistes out there who’ve touched our lives, hearts and souls through their music. They do more for us than we sometimes realize. They use their lyrics to vocalise some of the things the rest of us are feeling but are so filled with emotions that we are often rendered speechless.
May they always find the words to help us as we sing along, dance, laugh, cry and love. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a great week!