We’ve all experienced emotional, psychological or physical hurt at some point in our lives. They all hurt. However for me, the most painful of them ALL was not the physical hurt. You see, the physical hurt eventually heals it’s the memory of it that is harder to forget.
The emotional and psychological hurts STAY with us for as long as we WISH to carry them around. They dance around our minds and torment us every chance we LET them. They STIFLE our happiness and we allow them to negatively impact our relationships. They create within us feelings of unworthiness, anger, resentment, sadness and depression.
These hurts don’t just go away on their own. If they did, we would be a happier society. I can definitely tell you that wishing them away, ignoring them or even medicating to repress them won’t help. Although they may appear to be lying dormant inside of us they are quietly eating away at us – constantly weakening our core and feeding us LIES about ourselves.
The sad thing is, we actually believe those lies making them our truths although FALSE we make them real and this is what eats at us. This is what creates the INTERNAL CONFLICT and disconnect within our very being.
How do we break free and allow ourselves to heal from those experiences?
- Ask God for the STRENGTH to see this process through.
- Pray for the COURAGE to face your fears, hurts and pains.
- Forgive OURSELVES.
- Dig deeper and FORGIVE the people who help get us in this mess in the first place.
- Have POSITIVE talks with ourselves about ourselves.
- STOP holding on to the memories of the moments that have negatively affected us. Write ALL of them down on a piece of paper and then burn it. Choosing both in your mind and heart to let the flames free you and release you from that prison those memories have kept you in for so long.
- OPEN our hearts and minds to positive experiences, people and thoughts.
- START believing and discovering some POSITIVE truths about yourself. I AM worthy. I AM talented. I AM creative. I AM one of a kind. I AM one of God’s gifts to the earth.
- SEARCH within yourself for your STRENGTHS and BOLDLY and PROUDLY acknowledge them. If you are lost for words, ask people close to you what some of your strengths are.
- LOOK into your mirror and REFUSE to continue accepting the LIES you’ve been told about yourself. “You are not a failure.” ” You are not a waste of time.” “You are not a mistake.”
- STOP trying to run from yourself. We do this by ignoring the issues and trying to drown ourselves with denial. We’ve been running long enough. It’s time to face the music and take CONTROL of our lives.
- UNDERSTANDING and PATIENCE. We need to understand that healing is a process and won’t happen overnight. So let’s be patient with ourselves as we work towards the breakthrough we’ve been searching for.
So dear friends and faithful readers, remember healing is not automatic but is in fact a process that we MUST initiate and FOLLOW THROUGH with if we are to achieve the FREEDOM so many of us long for. The ultimate healing we can receive would come from within bringing – peace of mind, body and spirit.
Thank you for stopping by. Best wishes to you all.