Welcome back to Health and Wellness Fridays!
To start the New Year off right I must first thank God for blessing me to see another year. Thank you Heavenly Father for already equipping me with the strength, patience, wisdom, understanding, knowledge and discipline needed to be successful in all that I’ve set out to do and may it all be pleasing to you. In Jesus name I pray and give thanks. Amen! 🙂
Today, I would like to set the tone for the next few months as it relates to improving my health and overall well-being. It is my hope that you will find these points useful as you chart your own course towards a healthier and happier you.
Here are some points that I have decided to pay special attention to as I put 2018 into perspective especially as it relates to the way forward for my overall health and wellness and ultimately my life.
Health and wellness is a process and therefore that means through our actions and decisions – we are living this conscious choice daily.
How do I go about doing that?
- Understanding that being a healthier me starts from within and looks at not only how I treat and care for my body but my mind and spirit as well. It is a holistic approach to living that I never truly understood or appreciated until now.
- Health and wellness does not speak to only what’s going on inside of me but in my environment as well. It includes the people in my life and all the other factors that directly and indirectly have an impact on my well-being.
- Taking responsibility for what I’m doing and not doing to make my life better.
- Taking immediate action towards improving the areas I’m weak in or struggle with.
- Recognizing that I am human and therefore I will not execute every single day without errors, weaknesses or setbacks and that’s okay.
- Not giving up on myself or my desire to become a healthier and happier me. 🙂
- Accepting and believing that I am truly worth it.
Why would 2018 be any different from any other year?
- In God I’ll put my trust and faith and call on Him when I feel weak and praise His name when I feel strong. This point is first for reason. Start each day by talking and praying to God. He will give you the strength to do the impossible.
- I AM worth the sacrifice, time, effort, love, joy and happiness that this year can bring. If I open up myself to receive and go after it.
- I AM worth the temporary discomfort that changing and breaking old habits would bring.
- I understand that MY betterment WILL only come if I work towards it.
- I AM mentally preparing my mind, body and spirit to DO the work that only I can do.
- I know that I am NOT the only person in the world struggling with something.
- It IS my time to get up and do MORE to improve my own life.
- My success has always been mine for the taking!
Whatever we desire for our health and overall well-being for 2018 and beyond WE must be prepared to make some changes and some of that change MUST start within us. If, we are to be successful in achieving our goals for better and happier lives we must do the work that is needed at our very CORE. There is no escaping it.
For it is our fears, self-doubt, negativity, skepticism, laziness and sometimes our willingness to just settle right where we are that has kept us exactly where we are. 2018 will be different because WE WILL make it different. One day and one step at a time.
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.
Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂