Knowing the right thing and doing the right thing is not always an automatic occurrence.
I recognize that because of our own weaknesses, fears, doubts and sometimes even our upbringing that the ‘right’ thing may not always be clear and can be quite scary at times.
Thankfully, we have a choice to live life not by our own understanding but through someone greater than us. God has equipped us with His word that guides and directs us in the way we should go.
Heavenly Father thank you for this beautiful Friday morning that You have blessed us with. Lord my prayer for every person reading this message is that we would be gifted with Your strength, wisdom, understanding and courage to do the right thing in every situation we find ourselves in. When we seek You Lord may we always find clarity and guidance. In Jesus name, amen!
Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. 🙂
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.
Heavenly Father thank you for this new day that allows us to say, Thank You!
Thank you for the strengthto persevere when we are weak.
Thank you for the courageto face our fears when all we may want to do sometimes is run away.
Thank you for your understanding that opens up our mind, our eyes, our hearts and spirits.
Thank you for your forgiveness because it shows us your mercy.
Thank you for your Wordbecause it is food to our soul.
Thank you for your son Jesus Christ because He made the ultimate sacrifice when He chose to die so we could have life.
Thank you for your protectionbecause without YOU we would surely perish.
Thank you for your favourin every aspect of our lives because it opens doors that NO man can shut.
Thank you for our familiesbecause we were not meant to go through life alone.
Thank you for good healthand on the days when we don’t feel 100%, we will thank you anyway and trust that our healing is on the way.
Thank you for the being the Lightin the darkness guiding and directing our steps.
Thank you for being the providerthat You are. That all we have to do is ask and put our trust in You and ALL of our cares, concerns and burdens will be taken care of.
Thank you that you are a God of purpose and as your children we also have a purpose.
Thank you that even in our weak moments all we have to do is call Your name and we will be strengthened.
Thank you for blessing us with gifts and talents not for our own amusement but for them to be a blessing to others.
Thank you for giving us peace of mind and spiritthat we can seek and hear You more clearly as we walk through this journey called life.
Thank you for never leaving us for even in our stubbornness you are near.
Thank for loving us even in our imperfections because You know how great, special and amazing we are even when we can’t see it ourselves.
God, You continue to show us Your mercy and favour in our lives. “Thank you” just does not seem sufficient so we will praise you everyday so we never forget where our peace, protection and prosperity comes from.
We understand that with every victory we receive in Your name that the challenges would become greater but we choose to praise your name even more because no challenge we could ever face is greater than YOU – so we know that our victory would be great also.
Thank you in advance for the victories and breakthroughs we will experience in Jesus name, Amen!
Thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.
Thank you Lord for bringing each of us into this new chapter of our lives.
Unfortunately, some of our loved ones did not make the transition with us but they are NOT forgotten and the memories and love we have for them will keep them alive in us forever.
With this new day, I can’t help but feel like the refresh and reset buttons on my life have been pressed giving me that renewed feeling. I went outside and took a few deep breaths appreciating all the beauty that is around me and just had to give God praise.
It was that beauty and sense of peace that prompted these reminders I would like to share with you for the New Year.
As we wake up each day let us never forget that:
Each day brings with it an opportunity for GROWTH and LEARNING.
Each day will have lessons to be TAUGHT and lessons to be LEARNT.
Each day gives us a chance to BE better towards not only others but towards OURSELVES.
To be GRATEFUL for each day we are blessed to see, touch and love those we hold dear to us.
Our TIME and LIFE are PRECIOUS and we should make the most of each day.
Lastly, with the POWER of our faith, thoughts, words and actions we CAN achieve ALL that we set my minds to this year and beyond.
May 2018 not only meet our expectations but exceed them. Taking each of us into bigger and brighter futures than we never even dreamed possible.
As always, thank you for making this blog one of your stops in this journey called life.
Many times we let ourselves get upset over the decisions and choices that those we love and care for make that we don’t support.
Many times like broken records we try to tell others why the path they’re on is wrong and why our way would be better.
Many times we see what’s wrong in the lives of others and pay little attention to what we need to fix in our own lives.
Many times we don’t realize or rather refuse to accept that some of us just have to learn some lessons in our own time because if we skip the steps we stand the risk of repeating the same mistakes.
Many times we are angry and upset but don’t admit to ourselves the real cause or root of what we feel and why.
Many times there are periods in our lives when even though we are surrounded by people we may feel alone.
Many times we often hide our true feelings out of fear, pride or uncertainty.
The thing is, there will be many instances when there are things and people we don’t understand, agree with or even like.
We have to sometimes accept that is how they are – at least, at this current moment in their lives. We can’t fix nor is it our job to everyone or everything. It is only through understanding and learning to recognize that we can’t and will nevercontrol everything around us will we be able to better handle such situations.
Our strength and power comes from understanding that the only control we need to have is over ourselves, our thoughts, our emotions, our words and our actions. When we don’t practice control over our mind, body and spirit we leave ourselves open to whatever and whomever wants to manipulate and control our lives.
Make a conscious decision today to use the power within you wisely! 🙂
May the New Year bring you joy, happiness, love and a way forward to a better, brighter and stronger YOU.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂
Rising and falling is an art-form that is only perfected through experience. For when we succeed, we should do so gracefully and likewise when we fail it is that same grace we should adopt to come back better, wiser and stronger than before.
Make today a great one. Thank you for stopping by. 🙂
Hello and Welcome back to “Music Reflection Mondays”unfortunately, I was too exhausted to post this yesterday hence I adjusted the title to post it today. I hope that all is well with each of you.
Today, I would like to highlight some songs that helped me get through some tough moments in my life that I didn’t think I would get over but I have. 🙂 For those of you wondering if this post was triggered by a recent incident have no worries it wasn’t. I’m happy to report that all is well. 🙂
I was in the car listening to the radio when a couple of songs were played that took me back and they made me feel all sorts of emotions sad, happy and grateful all at the same time. It was in these moments of reflection that made me realize just how much music has been a part of my life.
Some of the music gave me strength when I was weak, courage when I was afraid and comfort when I sad. I can truly say that listening to the words of some of those songs helped speed up my healing process.
The music for me was never used to forget what happened but rather help me move past it. If you listen to the right kind of music maybe, just maybe it can do the same for you too.
My list can go on and on but I won’t. 🙂 Music feeds the soul and has the potential to soothe the heart and mind as well. Don’t let the pressures of life keep you down. We’re all going through something so don’t give up, keep moving.
Here is my list of Top 30 Life Lessons coupled with some Words of Wisdom that I’ve acquired along the way.
1. Trust your instincts.
2. Don’t believe everything you read or hear.
3. Be proactive rather than reactive.
4. Forgiveness is the start towards living a happier more productive life.
5. Procrastination is a proven method for going nowhere. Keep doing it long enough and you may even forget where you were headed.
6. Relationships may come and go but we should never lose ourselves in the process.
7. Being healthy is not necessarily being a perfect size but rather the lifestyle choices we make to live better.
8. Being happy starts with us. We have more power and control over our own happiness than we think. Starting with the negative people in our lives.
9. Our past experiences have helped to shape who we are today but they don’t define who we are.
10. “Family” is more than just blood relative. It is a ‘call to action’ that few non-relatives would have gained the right to be called.
11. Not all parents are parents and not all parents can parent. In some instances, their roles were simply to get us here.
12. Self-love is called self-love for reason, it must come from within. No amount of feedback from those around you could make you feel for yourself what you don’t believe about yourself.
13. We believe what we hear, so we need to be mindful of the information we feed and allow to be fed to us.
14. “Mistakes” are really lessons in disguise. So open your eyes and take from them the lessons being communicated to you.
15. The true beauty of something is not always found on the surface. Sometimes we just have to dig deeper. If you trust only your eyes to find beauty in life, there may be many beautiful people who you miss the opportunity to meet and know.
16. Love can be expressed through words and actions that bring joy and a smile to your life and heart. Love never physically, emotionally or intentionally hurts you.
17. Being silent and not communicating when we’re hurting inside emotionally doesn’t help ease the pain we feel. If anything, it temporarily masks it.
18. Life can be complicated at times but it can also be really simple. It’s all about the lens from which we choose to view it from.
19. Prayer coupled with faith and belief is the most powerful, inexpensive weapon you can own.
20. We’re all imperfect creatures and that is what makes each of us special. As a result, the only real expectation we need to live up to is our own no one else’s.
21. The success or failure of a relationship lies in the willingness of both parties to work through the issues to move forward.
22. Music is more than a cool way to pass the time. It is a great stress reliever and can help improve your mood.
23. Children are the future and if we want a brighter future we need to be mindful of the influence our behaviour and words have on their lives.
24. The earth is our home and if we don’t take better care of it how can we expect it to take care of us.
25. The cloud that seems to be hovering over your life is a passing cloud. The sun will come out and you will see your way again. It happened for me and it can happen for you. 🙂
26. Laugh as much as you can. Don’t take everything so serious all of the time.
27. We can’t control everything but we can control some things. Do what you can, where you can as best as you can.
28. It’s not what we say but how we say it so think before you speak.
29. One of the most precious gifts we have in this life is time, use it wisely.
30. Lastly, we don’t have to be great at everything.
Feel free to add a life lesson below in comments. Thank you for stopping by.