I’m back! My short but sweet stay in Miami was great. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Brickell area. The hotel, my room, the staff and the food were all great. The shopping was also good. It was just what the doctor ordered. 🙂
It feels so good to be back home with my family and blogging again. I’ve missed you guys.
My birthday celebrations could not have been better. I spent it with the people I love and I know love me so much. I am now 37. 🙂 I am truly blessed and grateful to have made it this far.
I pray and trust that the good Lord will continue to bless me with good health, strength, wisdom, understanding, patience, resources and the people needed to do all he requires me to do.
There is no question that I have a supportive and loving group of people and I thank God for them everyday. May they also be blessed with all they need. Over the years I’ve learnt so much.
Here are my Top 20 lessons:
- Trust and believe in God with all your heart (this has worked for me and it can work for you too)
- Value the people who value you
- Appreciate the people who appreciate you
- Say thank you
- Say how you feel
- Show your love for others
- Show love to yourself
- Believe in yourself
- Practice patience (easier said than done sometimes but it is necessary)
- Don’t let the fear of failing keep you from trying
- People will disappoint us from time to time but we should not give up on everyone as a result
- Think things through.
- Avoid doing and saying things out of anger and haste
- It’s important to review our relationships and the impact they have on us be it positive or negative and do something about it.
- Don’t stress the small stuff.
- Don’t create unrealistic expectations for yourself or others.
- We all make mistakes and fall short sometimes. Learn from the experiences and move forward.
- Respect, trust and integrity are priceless.
- Be yourself, pretending to be someone you’re not will only hinder your growth and true happiness.
- Happiness starts with you – your thoughts, your attitude and your words.
Once we have life we have an opportunity to learn each day. Not all lessons can be learnt from a textbook. Open your eyes, minds, ears and hearts and you’ll see what I mean. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!